Introduction to Generative AI and Large Language Models
Explore the world of Generative AI
In this seminar, you will understand the fundamentals of Generative Artificial Intelligence, explore its applications and impact on various industries, and how the technology can help you with content creation, and optimization of your work processes.
- Level: Beginners
- Language: German
- Where: Virtually via MS Teams
- When: The seminar will start in September 2023
- Duration: Each module lasts 2 hours. In the first part, there is always an input, which is followed by Q+A.
Overview of the modules
It is possible to register for each module individually. However, to get a complete overview, we recommend attending all the offered modules. This is also the prerequisite to receive a certificate of participation after completion of the seminar.
Module 1: Introduction to Generative AI (September 6th 2023, 15:00-17:00 hrs)
- Fundamentals of AI and its role in transforming technology and society
- What is Generative AI?
- Generative AI and its unique capabilities
- Application areas and examples
- Differentiation between traditional AI and generative AI
- Development trends and future applications
- How Generative AI creates data, images, and text
- AI Insights: Current developments and future trends
- Axel Springer Global Generative AI Team
Module 2: Introduction to Large Language Models (September 15th 2023, 15:00-17:00)
- Large Language Models Basics
- What are Large Language Models?
- How do they work?
- Possible applications in different industries
- Overview of the GPT (Generative Pre-trained Transformer) and its modifications
- Overview of other large LLMs (what is currently available on the market)
Modul 3: Conversational Al und Chatbots (September 14th 2023, 14:00-16:00 hrs)
- Overview of Conversational AI and its role in chatbot development
- Techniques for generating human-like responses in chatbots
- How chatbots work
- Structure and architecture of chatbot systems
- Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Case studies and real-world applications of Conversational AI
Module 4: Text Summaries and Translations (September 19th 2023, 14:00-16:00 hrs)
- Introduction to text summarization/text automation techniques with generative AI.
- Case studies and practical examples for text summarization, text automation & translations
- Application of text summarization to longer texts and documents
- Overview of the language-translation feature of ChatGPT
- Use of ChatGPT in content creation. Tips and tricks for optimal results
- Tech to Speech Technology
- Speech Synthesis
- Podcast Production with Large Language Models
Module 5: Text-to-Image AI. From words to images (September 21st 2023, 15:00-17:00 hrs)
- Introduction to Text-to-Image AI
- What is Text-to-Image AI and how does it work?
- Fields of application
- Generation of images from text
- Introduction to Midjourney (functionality and special features)
- Step-by-step instructions for generating images
- Experiments with different text inputs
- Customization and fine-tuning
- Selection of styles, colors, and themes
- Functionality and interesting features
- Optimization of generated images
Module 6: Generative AI in Creative Industries (September 26th 2023, 15:00-17:00 hrs)
- Applications of generative AI and creative fields such as design, advertising, and storytelling.
- Understand how generative models can be used to create and enhance creative content
- Using generative AI to generate creative texts, market analysis, stories, and poems
- Use cases and practical examples
- Outlook on future developments of generative AI in the creative industry
- Trends and opportunities for the further development of creative processes
Module 7: Responsible AI & Ethics (September 28th 2023, 14:00-16:00)
- Ethics and AI: Challenges and Opportunities
- Responsible AI: principles and guidelines
- Case studies: ethics in the practice of AI projects
- Ethics-based decision making in AI applications
- Impact of AI on society and the world of work
- The future of Responsible AI: Trends and Developments
Who is eligible to participate?
Upskilling offers of FreeTech Academy are open for all employees of Axel Springer Group and its subsidiaries. All levels of experience are welcome, and we always encourage participation.
Join us on this exciting journey exploring Generative AI Models and Large Language Models.
Most of our upskilling offers are structured in short learning modules (each 1-2 hours) that break down the content into manageable chunks of information that can be easily assimilated by the participants and take up as little time as possible.
Most events for 2023 will be held virtually via Microsoft Teams.
All times are in Central European Time (CET).