Apply until 15.10.2022
Are you our next Tech Talent (f/m/d) at FreeTech Academy?
At FreeTech Axel Springer Academy of Journalism and Technology we want to future-proof journalism and promote the development of disruptive ideas. This is only possible if new technologies and journalism go hand in hand. That’s why we created an innovative tech program for emerging tech talents who want to advance the future of technology-driven media innovations. We are currently looking for new tech talents to join our 2023 intake, starting in January 2023.
What does it mean to be a Tech Talent?
Being a tech talent means working together with emerging journalists and our editorial offices on exciting interdisciplinary projects as well as deepen one’s skills and gain practical experience through on-the-job trainings at various tech units of Axel Springer. In addition, current tech trends and derived potentials for the media industry are regularly introduced and discussed in events and workshops within FreeTech Academy and beyond.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for 2nd or 3rd-year students from one of the following fields of study: B.Sc. Software Engineering, B.A. Interaction Design or B.A. Product Management.
- You have gained your first practical experience in your respective field of study is a plus
- You care about journalism and want to help future-proof the media industry
- You are fluent in English, German is a plus
- You think innovative, are curious and have a self-driven attitude
A very important part of the FreeTech Academy’s Tech Program are the interdisciplinary projects between our tech talents and journalism talents.
In small groups of about 10 people, the teams work on topics that are relevant to our in-house editorial teams and help us shape the journalism of the future.
One of these interdisciplinary projects was, for example, the so-called „Deepfake Report“ from 2021.
Now it’s up to you!
Please think of at least 1 idea for an interdisciplinary project. For this, please consider the following aspects:
- What is exciting/innovative about the topic from your point of view? Why do you think it is relevant for the journalism of the future?
- What can you learn as a Product Manager, Interaction Designer, or Software Engineer in the project?
- Which of the other skills (Product Management, Interactive Design, and Software Engineering) should not be missing from the team to realize the project?
- For which of our brands is the project particularly relevant? / With whom should we cooperate internally in the project?
At Axel Springer we empower free decisions: You can send us your idea in written form, as a video or audio file (or any other way you can think of), please choose what suits you best.
Before you fill out the online application form, you should have the following documents ready in digital form:
- Motivational Letter
- Certificate of Enrollment
- Student/Working Visa is required for international students
- A proposal for an interdisciplinary project for tech talents and journalism talents
>> see „Interdisciplinary Projects“
All documents together should not exceed 10MB!
Please complete your online application for the 2023 intake until 15.10.2022 at the latest.
© Axel Springer SE 2022 – Axel Springer SE wants to become the world's most successful digital publisher.